MHA 601 Week 4 Discussion 1 Problem Solving and Decision Making
Problem Solving and Decision Making. Assume that you are the hospital administrator of a 150-bed hospital located in a small town. Your best friend Betty works for the local newspaper in town. One day Betty calls and informs you about a rumor that one of the ER nurses in your hospital may have contracted HIV. The chief editor of the newspaper asks Betty to gather more information on this incident.
In your discussion response, address the following questions:
• What are the risk factors (e.g., legal, ethical, financial) you foresee in this scenario?
• What are the problem solving processes you will embark on?
• Who are the stakeholders involved in the problem solving processes?
• What are the impacts on stakeholders involved in the problem solving processes?
• How will you communicate with various stakeholders (e.g., employees, physicians, the board, the public) about your findings and decisions?
Your initial post must be at least 300 words. Support your response with a minimum of two scholarly sources.